• 자유게시판

자유게시판

terence crawford best fight

페이지 정보

profile_image
    작성자 Charlene
    댓글 0건 조회 4회 작성일 24-09-21 06:45

본문

11 p.m.: The Garden is on absolute fire, with the crowd still rocking from Teofimo Lopez Jr.'s TKO to become champ and Tracy Morgan hilariously telling Lomachenko that he "better watch out" for the new world champion and fellow Brooklyn native. Loma and Lopez did flick it up after the bout.

In the eighth round, as Cabrera was holding, Taylor deducted a point from Cruz for another leaping head butt. After getting docked a point, an annoyed Cruz connected with another series of overhand left and right hands.

Though Spence stayed busy for the remainder of the fight, he never fully recovered, and Crawford continued to batter him with power shots. Spence wore the damage on his face to the point that the ringside physician checked to see if he could continue at the start of Round 5.

After the fifth started, Crawford appeared to be timing Spence better and more. And yet, Spence came back from that, too. He started targeting Crawford’s midsection exclusively. This was smart, because he already looked tired, and his best chance at that point was to force Crawford into the same feeling. The sixth was the first close round and, halfway through a night that portended greatness, the bout was so close that, if not for the knockdown, it likely would have been tied.

Terence Crawford is set for his first fight since his career-defining win over Errol Spence Jr. this past July. Crawford, who became undisputed welterweight champion with his win over Spence, will make his junior middleweight debut against WBA champion Israil Madrimov on Aug. 2 in Los Angeles. A press conference is expected on Wednesday to formally announce the matchup.

"I'm finally back at Madison Square Garden, the place where to watch crawford fight I always wanted to win my first world title," said Lopez, who has brought on former world titleholder and noted trainer Joey Gamache to serve as an assistant to his father, Teofimo Lopez Sr. "I believe this fight will shut up all of the critics and prove to everyone that I back up my talking in the ring. I respect Commey as a champion, but when we're in that ring, it's going to be lights out for him. Come Dec. 14, I am officially taking over the lightweight division."

Terence Crawford put on a boxing masterclass to defeat Errol Spence by referee stoppage after two minutes, 32 seconds of round nine and make history as the first male two-weight undisputed champion in the four-belt era.

Crawford held onto his titles, stopping Molina in the eighth round in front of a large home crowd in Omaha. Crawford moved around the ring for most of the fight, jabbing, holding and pot-shotting Molina. Referee Mark Nelson halted the fight in the eight round after Molina received three consecutive hits to the head. In the post-fight interview, Crawford felt he should be the 2016 'Fighter of the Year' for his wins over Molina, Lundy and Postol, "I feel like I got it. I just have to wait until the results come in." Crawford also reiterated his desire to unify the division before a possible move up to welterweight. Crawford landed 184 punches from 419 thrown, Molina landed 41 of 287 thrown, a 14% connect rate. The fight drew an average 806,000 viewers and peaked at 871,000 viewers on HBO.

Madrimov (10-1-1, 7 KOs), of Khiva, Uzbekistan, suffered the first defeat of his professional career. He had won the title by beating Magomed Kurbanov via fifth-round TKO in March on the Anthony Joshua-Francis Ngannou undercard in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Daniel Yanofsky is the Combat Sports Editor for The Sporting News since late 2021. Prior to working for TSN, Daniel provided insight on combat sports for Fightful, FIGHT SPORTS, and Wrestling Inc. A proud Ithaca College alum, when he isn’t working on his golf game, Daniel is advocating for three-minute rounds in women's boxing.

Crawford held onto his titles, stopping Molina in the eighth round in front of a large home crowd in Omaha. Crawford moved around the ring for most of the fight, jabbing, holding and pot-shotting Molina. Referee Mark Nelson halted the fight in the eight round after Molina received three consecutive hits to the head. In the post-fight interview, Crawford felt he should be the 2016 'Fighter of the Year' for his wins over Molina, Lundy and Postol, "I feel like I got it. I just have to wait until the results come in." Crawford also reiterated his desire to unify the division before a possible move up to welterweight. Crawford landed 184 punches from 419 thrown, Molina landed 41 of 287 thrown, a 14% connect rate. The fight drew an average 806,000 viewers and peaked at 871,000 viewers on HBO.

A Golden Gloves silver medalist, Crawford made his pro debut in 2008. Crawford became light-welterweight champion in 2014 and, by 2017, held the WBO, WBC, WBA, and IBF titles. In 2018, Crawford beat Jeff Horn for the WBO welterweight title. He has defended the belt five times, his last fight a TKO victory over Shawn Porter in November 2021.

Cris Cyborg (1-0) made her pro debut against Gabby Holloway (0-3), and the 37-year-old MMA legend got by the winless southpaw with a unanimous decision. The contest provided little in action until the third round when Cyborg could land a few shots charging into Holloway, who wasn't engaging. Holloway was knocked down in the third round by a combination closed by a left to the body. Cyborg could not close out the fight in the third, as Holloway could make it to the bell. Holloway looked to be in survival mode in the fourth, which made this bout go to the academic scorecards after four rounds. Those cards were 40-35, 39-36, and 40-34.fwms-G8XP9E

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.